Friday, June 12, 2015

Spring Project Progress

This spring has been a busy one, so I thought I'd share some of the projects I've been working on. 

To begin with, I've been working on growing this little baby who keeps getting bigger and bigger! But in between resting, walking and making sure she's well taken care of, I've been working on some other kinds of projects.

I made Jerome a patch for his backpack

And turned him a pestle for his Chinois for his birthday

I formed 14 new Shaker boxes - I'll do a separate post on that soon, with videos and everything!

I did do marquetry for the top of one of them though - it involved a lot of small pieces and a ton of scotch tape! 

But it turned out pretty well I think

I turned this Couronne Stick which is used in knitting somehow.. It was a present for my Mum, so I guess I'll see the results sometime soon! 

I started a project to combine marquetry and turning, with the intent to bend and glue the strip around the tealight holder. There were some wrinkles in the process, so it's not done quite yet. 

I made this pair of matching photo frames for the Grandma's to be. 

Then I went home to Ottawa for a few weeks, where we did lots of walking and more projects. We even saved this teeny tiny turtle from being run over by bicycles! 

Mum and I made some baby blankets and clothes - under close supervision of Rupert and Baxter

We experimented dying and painting some onesies

My mum gave us this awesome I-spy quilt she made for the baby with all sorts of fun animals and pictures to find and teach the baby with! 

I got to visit with Jerome's parents, and my Grandma, and lots of friends who threw surprise baby showers! I somehow didn't get any pictures of those though! 

1 comment:

Ann Marie Alanes said...

Love this! So many awesome creations!!! Honored to have one of yours in my possession!