Thursday, October 13, 2011

Spoon Rest

So to get back to turning, I decided to take on a nice simple small project. A spoon rest! I had the idea for it several months ago, just a simple cylinder with a concave surface and a small flat area so it doesn't roll around. I've made several wooden spatulas in the past which you can see here and it's always a pain when you have to lay them on the counter. That being said we wipe down the counters anyways, so I don't mind if there are drips, I just wanted something to prop up the spoon and not take away much counter space. 

Here you can see it in action with on of the spatulas I made. 
You may have seen it before as we use it in almost all of our cooking adventures!

You can see the concave area and flat spots here. 

I polished it up with wax and buffed it so that the food won't stick to it. 

I'm thinking it would be a good set to give as gifts for the upcoming holiday season. 
We'll see though, I have a few other projects up my sleeve that may need to come first. 

1 comment:

Kim O. said...

I love the simplicity but uber functionality!