Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Winnie the Pooh Marquetry Picture

So it's been a while since I've posted any projects here, but not for lack of making stuff. Things got put on hold for a bit while Jerome and I went on an epic adventure to southeast Asia! (You can click here to read more about this if you're interested) But now that we're back, and have organized all our photos I have a back log of projects that I'll be sharing over the next while. 


I thought I'd start with a pretty simple one I made for a friends baby. Growing up, I had a wood version of this image that had been my Mum's and I always thought it was so cute. So I decided to make a marquetry version. It's a very simple process, just put the two colours of veneer on top of each other, and cut through both to get the perfect fit. I glued it to some plywood, added matching veneer around the edges and back, as well as a hook hole at the back, a few coats of Waterlox and voila! 

No comments: