Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Alkaline Trio Laptop Vinyl



At work we do a fair amount of work with vinyl decals. We almost always cut and apply decals to our prototypes instead of silkscreening them. If you've ever seen how vinyl works, you know that there is a lot of waste. Well I always thought it was pretty cool, and asked if I could have any of the scraps that would otherwise be thrown away.


I've done a few small stickers for my sketchbook - like a canadian flag and a lego man, just by hand cutting them out with an exacto knife. I'd been wanting to make something cool for Jerome's new work laptop for a while. There are a ton of awesome  vinyl decals that play on the lit mac logo, and I was looking to do something similar, but different than what I had seen. A few weeks ago he went to an Alkaline Trio concert, and had gotten a sticker to put on his laptop. It turned out to be way to big though, so I came up with an alternative that would give a cool glowing effect. The center skull is on the light and so it glows when the computer is on. And the black vinyl blocks out the rest of the light.  



No comments: