Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Zelda Marquetry Frame Completed!

Well you may remember mid last year when I posted about a marquetry project I had done of the Zelda crest. The frame got put on the back burner a bit, but I finally got it all sorted out and finished this past weekend! Yay! 

Here it is with the frame installed

I added a layer of the dark veneer in the corners of the frame for an accent. 

I rabetted out the back so that the picture could sit flush with the back of the frame. This way I could use the removable hardware you see (from Lee Valley of course!), so that if I need to re-wax the picture, or decide I want to make a different frame, I can do it easily. I also drilled two holes to allow for screws to hold it to the wall.

With the final coats of wax on it, the neat grain pattern of the crest really shines out.


Finally after all the work of finishing and hanging it, I decided to relax the best way I could think of. Playing Zelda!! 

1 comment:

swankjesse said...

Wow that looks good. Now I want a triforce embedded in my hardwood floor!