Wednesday, January 25, 2012

E-book Reader Cover

A while ago we got an E-Reader and I've been wanting to bring it to work to read at lunch, but have been hesitant without some sort of case to protect it. We could have bought one, but of course I thought making one would be better, and more fun. Here's how it went!


This is my design/pattern/notes and instructions that I made up.
Very high tech as you can see!

   
I've been on a stripey fabric kick lately, so I picked one of my favourites and a complementary fabric to make the cover. 

I decided to use an elastic to keep it closed - like a Moleskine. 
   
An after several attempts and much figuring out, I got all the layers and elastic pinned together inside out.

I made the inside in two halves with another strip of fabric in the middle so that I could slip in some hardboard and padding to protect the Reader. Once the layers were all cut to size and inserted, I sewed it in place which secured everything, as well as closed the pocket and the elastic to hold down the Reader. 

And here is the finished product!!

I was pretty happy with how it turned out considering I didn't have a real pattern or anything to go off of. 

Now I just have to get some E-books...

No comments: