Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Introduction

An Industrial Designer by trade, I have always been interested in making things. I did one of my co-op placements at Veritas Tools which is the design division of Lee Valley Tools. I had admired the design aspect of the company before, but having worked with the designers and been exposed to all the woodworking tools, I began to become more enamored with hand tools and wood. My co-workers there were amazing and taught me many things after hours from how to sharpen tools, to a detailed lesson in hand planes from the chief hand plane designer. After graduating I finally had the time and freedom to turn my interest into a hobby, and have spent the last year taking various courses and increasing my skills. Some of the courses I've taken include turning, marquetry, shaker boxes, and carving. I'd like to share some of the techniques I learned and the projects I've worked on over the past year as well as future ones.

No comments: